The Law on Animal Husbandry, which took effect from January 1, 2020, annuls Decree No. 39/2017/-CP on management of animal and aqua feeds. Accordingly, there are many changes in the procedures for registration of circulation of both domestically produced and imported animal feed.
According to current legislation, animal feed is divided into 3 types:
- A single raw material product used for animal feed production
- Completed animal feeds
- Feed additives (supplementary feeds)
For a single raw material product used for animal feed production, organizations and individuals are only allowed to use, import and trade the plaintiffs on the List of permitted circulation according to Official Letter No. 38 of the Department of Livestock Production (DoLP).
For completed animal feeds, organizations and individuals are allowed to self-declare on the online system of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) before putting the product on the market and before being imported. However, the preparation of self-declaration dossiers must ensure the following requirements:
- Full required documents: Certificate of free sale, Product information sheet, Certificate of analysis (issued by designated certification laboratories in Vietnam or foreign testing laboratories having ISO 17025 certificate), Product Label and Quality Management System Certificate (GMP, ISO, HACCP, FAMI-QS, FCA,…)
- Translations of documents in foreign languages must be notarized
- The quality of the product must conform to the national technical regulations corresponding to each animal species.
- Must declare all required quality criteria
For feed additives (supplementary feeds), organizations and individuals must carry out procedures for product information declaration before being marketed/imported in Vietnam on the online system of MARD:
- Time limit: 5 working days to receive valid dossiers, next 25 working days for the officer to appraise dossier
- State fee: No State fees apply
- Required documents: Certificate of Free Sale, Product Information Sheet, Certificate of Analysis (issued by designated certification laboratories in Vietnam or foreign laboratories with ISO 17025 certification), Product Labels and Manufacturer’s Quality Management System Certificate (GMP, ISO, HACCP, FAMI-QS, FCA,…).
- Note: Translations of foreign documents must be notarized
Please contact IntracoLaw for detailed quotes and specific advice for each type of animal feed product.